Friday, August 13, 2010

THE CHEF IS IN
Adolphus A. Stuart, Chef Owner
Sage N Thyme, LLC

Born and raised on Staten Island in New York City, the nation’s “melting pot,” I took full advantage of the exposure of the enclaves that exist in the “Big Apple.” I was and am always open to exploring and experiencing the many cultures and the cuisines that exist. China Town is two blocks from Little Italy which is a few blocks from Hell’s Kitchen, an Irish neighborhood. Take the subway uptown and you were in a Latin American community that is within walking distance from the famous Harlem, a culturally diverse African American section of New York City. I could go on and on trying to express what New York has to offer the culinary curious.

I choose the culinary arts as a second career after accepting that I have a passion for good food. After attending the New York Restaurant school in Manhattan, Mountain State University in Beckley WV and working with world class chefs to include Marcus Samuelsson of Aquavit in NYC for a James Beard fund raiser, Robert Wong at the Glade Springs Resort in Daniels WV, Michelle Stanaker President of the WV chapter of the ACF (American Culinary Federation) and Chris Pashia, a protégé of the great Cajun cook Chef Paul Prudhomme in New Orleans, I found my place in the arts.

Cooking is like jazz. You have your standard score (recipe) that may be good but not quite unique. It’s when you add a “riff”, improvise ,then dare take the chance of executing a “solo” and push the envelope do you create jazz. I love jazz.

Sage N Thyme LLC is over ten years in the making, an opportunity to share my passion and creativity. This is my time to “solo” and pray everyone enjoys the “jazz.”

No comments:

Post a Comment